our healthy baby boy in the moby
I have shared with you my journey to nourishing foods.
Now I would like to share with you the benefits we have seen from eating a nutrient rich diet.
- My husband and I do not get sick nearly as often as we used to. I used to suffer frequent bouts of bronchitis and pneumonia, but no longer. I can not remember the last time either of us has been so sick we have had to miss work or stay in bed. Occasionally we will feel like we are “fighting something off” and don’t have as much energy as normal, but overall our immune systems have dramatically improved.
- Our digestion has improved. I had debilitating gut pain a few years ago. Now I can’t remember the last time I had any digestive issues.
- I have found it easier to lose weight. I think it scares people to think about eating “all of that fat”. It is really easy to get stuck in the low fat trap and think that eating coconut oil, butter or whole raw milk will pack on the pounds. I have found the exact opposite to be true. The more good fats I eat (especially coconut oil) and the fewer grains and sweeteners I consume, the easier it is for me to take off the weight.
- Our sons have been blessed with remarkable health. Because I wasn’t able to solely breastfeed either of our boys I was concerned that they would suffer many health problems. Thankfully our 2 1/2 year old has only been sick once – with roseola. Our 6 month old has yet to come down with a cold or bug of any kind.
- Our boys don’t even recognize junk foods. Of course they are both pretty young, but things like white bread, candy, gum, soda and white sugar are unrecognizable to our sons and therefore they do not desire them. I hope it stays that way.
To hear more stories of what nourishing foods have done for other families check out this week’s Real Food Wednesdays carnival.
We’re partnering with sustainable businesses. Thank you for your support!