- Bread and Crackers
- Coconut Products
- Cookies and Bars
- Fats and Oils
- Flours, Grains, and Legumes
- Fermented Vegetables
- Fermented Food Starters
- Milk and Cream
- Salt and Spices
- Snack Foods
- Supplements & Superfoods
- Yogurt and Kefir
- Books and DVDs
- Kitchen Tools and Appliances
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Personal Care
- Simple Food
Note: I have updated my about page to include some additional information and a picture.
For health reasons we are going to try going grain free for about a month and see how we feel. I have been off of grains for the most part for a while, but now the whole family is going to get in on it.
We are doing a modified version of the GAPS diet in the hopes that our guts will finally heal from the antibiotics and poor diets we once had. We are also having guests for a few days this week so there are things like beans, sourdough bread and corn tortillas on the menu for them.
I am not entirely convinced that grains are that good for you, even if soaked/sprouted and prepared properly. But I have another post in the works about that.
As usual lunch is generally leftovers or a salad. Here is our menu for the week:
- breakfast: eggs, sausage, oranges
- dinner: roast chicken w/ roasted carrots, southern style braised greens, salad w/ homemade dressing
- prep: make chicken stock
- breakfast: poached eggs over leftover greens, oranges
- dinner: hamburgers, sauteed mushrooms, steamed broccoli, salad w/ homemade dressing
- prep: strain chicken stock, make yogurt
- breakfast: eggs & sausage, sauteed mushrooms, oranges
- dinner: sunflower seed pizza, braised cabbage
- prep: chop vegetables for breakfast, start pizza crust in morning
- breakfast: eggs, potato-free “homefries”, oranges
- dinner: greens quiche, sourdough toast, blueberry-coconut smoothies, roasted sweet potatoes
- prep: soak beans in morning
- breakfast: leftover quiche, smoothies
- dinner: taco salad/tostadas with beans (for guests) with guacamole and homemade salsa, carrot cake cookies
- prep: start beans in morning, bake cookies
- breakfast: smoothies
- dinner: nitrate free hot dogs, salad, fruit
- prep: none
Looking for more menu plans?
my (grain-free) cookbook
All information found on Nourishing Days is editorial in nature and therefore meant to motivate and inspire rather than be construed as medical advice.
Any statements or claims about the health benefits of supplements or foods made here have not been evaluated by the FDA and as such are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease..
And in the spirit of full disclosure: I do earn a small commission from some links, images and advertisements.
Looking for More?