After a busy weekend that left the house in shambles I need a few easy meals this week so that I can get caught up on spring cleaning. I’m not complaining, though. I was able to spend a couple of hours digging, weeding and planting cabbage, kale, swiss chard and lettuce yesterday. I am sun burnt and sore but it feels so good.
Our area is still not quite ready for lots of local produce, but the farmer’s markets will be opening within a week or two and I can’t wait to get my hands on some fresh asparagus. Only a few more weeks until our CSA share starts up as well. Can’t wait!
- breakfast: soaked millet porridge, lamb
- dinner: Thai chicken, salad with homemade dressing, caulifried rice
- prep: make yogurt, make salad dressing for week, thaw flank steak, start sprouting pintos
- breakfast: almond flour pancakes, oranges
- dinner: Fajitas in lettuce cups with peppers and onions, guacamole
- prep: make chicken stock
- breakfast: smoothies
- dinner: salmon cakes, cortido, stir fried broccoli, carrot sticks
- prep: thaw beef, soak oats
- breakfast: soaked oats with walnuts, currants and butter
- dinner: tacos in lettuce cups, sprouted pinto beans, cortido, guacamole
- prep: cook pintos, brown extra beef for Friday
- breakfast: smoothies, eggs
- dinner: beef minestrone (instead of chicken), salad
- prep: start minestrone in crock pot
We’re partnering with sustainable businesses. Thank you for your support!