This weekend I came across a "splendid soups" magazine. When I first picked it up I wondered if I would find many useful recipes. Hours later I had bookmarked nearly half of them. Now I am hungry for nothing but soup, so this week it is on the menu four out of six days.
I also am roasting up the last of the 30 pound turkey – two wings and a leg. That will provide meat for a few meals as well as turkey stock for all of our soups.
After giving the Body Ecology Diet a try last week I realized how poorly I do with so many grains, even if they are gluten-free and high in protein. So this week I continue my candida cleanse with no grains, no sugar, and almost no dairy. The mornings that the boys eat porridge I will most likely be trying some miso soup with greens or some leftover protein and vegetables.
- breakfast: leftover millet-quinoa porridge fried in lard, crispy almonds, butter
- dinner: Roasted turkey with sage, roasted kabocha & butternut squash, salad, sauerkraut
- prep: email buying club order, grocery shop, start turkey stock in crock pot before bed, soak millet & quinoa
- breakfast: soaked millet-quinoa porridge + chia seeds + crispy almonds + butter, leftover squash
- dinner: Grass-fed beef roasted in crock pot Chipotle style, sprouted corn tortillas, avocado, homemade pico de gallo, cortido
- prep: start roast in morning, make pico de gallo
- breakfast: eggs, sprouted corn tortillas, lacto-fermented salsa
- prep: make crackers
- breakfast: soaked millet-quinoa porridge + chia seeds + crispy almonds + butter
- dinner: Turkey mulligatawny, grain-free garlic-rosemary crackers, salad w/ homemade dressing
- prep: pick up milk from farm, thaw fish
- breakfast: smoothies: yogurt + blueberries + coconut oil + eggs + stevia
- dinner: Spicy fish and tomato stew, roasted squash, fermented beets
- prep: thaw beef
- breakfast: Eggs + Yogurt
- dinner: Cheeseburger Soup, Parsnip Latkes with sour cream, sauerkraut, Almond Flour Cookies
- prep: soak millet & quinoa
For hundreds of menus visit Laura.