- Bread and Crackers
- Coconut Products
- Cookies and Bars
- Fats and Oils
- Flours, Grains, and Legumes
- Fermented Vegetables
- Fermented Food Starters
- Milk and Cream
- Salt and Spices
- Snack Foods
- Supplements & Superfoods
- Yogurt and Kefir
- Books and DVDs
- Kitchen Tools and Appliances
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Personal Care
- Simple Food
This weekend I came across a "splendid soups" magazine. When I first picked it up I wondered if I would find many useful recipes. Hours later I had bookmarked nearly half of them. Now I am hungry for nothing but soup, so this week it is on the menu four out of six days.
I also am roasting up the last of the 30 pound turkey – two wings and a leg. That will provide meat for a few meals as well as turkey stock for all of our soups.
After giving the Body Ecology Diet a try last week I realized how poorly I do with so many grains, even if they are gluten-free and high in protein. So this week I continue my candida cleanse with no grains, no sugar, and almost no dairy. The mornings that the boys eat porridge I will most likely be trying some miso soup with greens or some leftover protein and vegetables.
- breakfast: leftover millet-quinoa porridge fried in lard, crispy almonds, butter
- dinner: Roasted turkey with sage, roasted kabocha & butternut squash, salad, sauerkraut
- prep: email buying club order, grocery shop, start turkey stock in crock pot before bed, soak millet & quinoa
- breakfast: soaked millet-quinoa porridge + chia seeds + crispy almonds + butter, leftover squash
- dinner: Grass-fed beef roasted in crock pot Chipotle style, sprouted corn tortillas, avocado, homemade pico de gallo, cortido
- prep: start roast in morning, make pico de gallo
- breakfast: eggs, sprouted corn tortillas, lacto-fermented salsa
- prep: make crackers
- breakfast: soaked millet-quinoa porridge + chia seeds + crispy almonds + butter
- dinner: Turkey mulligatawny, grain-free garlic-rosemary crackers, salad w/ homemade dressing
- prep: pick up milk from farm, thaw fish
- breakfast: smoothies: yogurt + blueberries + coconut oil + eggs + stevia
- dinner: Spicy fish and tomato stew, roasted squash, fermented beets
- prep: thaw beef
- breakfast: Eggs + Yogurt
- dinner: Cheeseburger Soup, Parsnip Latkes with sour cream, sauerkraut, Almond Flour Cookies
- prep: soak millet & quinoa
For hundreds of menus visit Laura.
All information found on Nourishing Days is editorial in nature and therefore meant to motivate and inspire rather than be construed as medical advice.
Any statements or claims about the health benefits of supplements or foods made here have not been evaluated by the FDA and as such are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease..
And in the spirit of full disclosure: I do earn a small commission from some links, images and advertisements.
Looking for More?