- little pudge fighting for the day’s green bean harvest and a flowering pepper plants.
- tomatoes: heirloom, cherry, sprinter and glacier in two long rows. Maybe 30 plants currently producing.
- fall cabbage starts, 3 comfrey plants, 2 (maybe 10 ft long) rows of green beans.
- cucumbers x 4, greens, winter squash x 5.
- perennial herb garden: 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 ft. each of catnip, peppermint, sage, thyme, oregano, echinacea and yarrow. Failed patches of chives, maca, and plantain.
- preserved this week: 1 gallon of blanched broccoli for freezer, 26 jars of blueberry jam, 6 quarts of dill pickles.
- 10 pots of annual herbs
- a few rows of garlic and onions
- two long rows of hot and sweet peppers
- more greens and onions started for fall
- an almost three year old who loves to say “these are green beans from the garden!”
- two adults thankful and in awe of God’s provisions – from a tiny seed to food on the table