- Bread and Crackers
- Coconut Products
- Cookies and Bars
- Fats and Oils
- Flours, Grains, and Legumes
- Fermented Vegetables
- Fermented Food Starters
- Milk and Cream
- Salt and Spices
- Snack Foods
- Supplements & Superfoods
- Yogurt and Kefir
- Books and DVDs
- Kitchen Tools and Appliances
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Personal Care
- Simple Food
This is a great bread for those who are looking for something gluten free and lower in carbohydrates at the same time. Coconut oil, and coconut products in general, are fantastic for anyone who is looking to lose weight and improve their health. Coconut oil not only increases your metabolism, but it helps keep you feeling full so that you eat less and is an antifungal to boot. What I love about this bread:
- It’s super fast to make – very few ingredients and there is no soaking involved because there are no grains.
- It contains no gluten or casein.
- Because it is high in protein and healthy fats, it is really filling. I could eat two small slices of this for breakfast topped with butter or nut butter along with a cup of tea and be completely satisfied.
This is not, however, anything like regular old wheat bread. It makes a very short loaf (about 1 – 1 1/2 inches tall) and is very dense. I have yet to try it as sandwich bread because I find it is more of a sweet bread, even without any sweetener.
Coconut Flour Bread
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (optional, I usually leave it out)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a small buttered loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Turn the loaf out and cool completely on a rack before serving. That’s it! Enjoy.
If you are looking to make a healthier bread without the use of coconut flour you could try using sprouted grain flour. You do not have to soak it as you would non-sprouted grain flour, so it comes together almost as easy as this coconut bread.
- 15 chapters chocked full of budget-cutting resources
- 50 pages of simple steps you can take to cut your bill by at least 25% within a month
- What you can do to drop your bill by at least 15% in the next week
- Resources, ideas, tips, hacks, and strategies all in one easy-to-access place and instantly downloadable
my (grain-free) cookbook
All information found on Nourishing Days is editorial in nature and therefore meant to motivate and inspire rather than be construed as medical advice.
Any statements or claims about the health benefits of supplements or foods made here have not been evaluated by the FDA and as such are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease..
And in the spirit of full disclosure: I do earn a small commission from some links, images and advertisements.
Looking for More?